Thursday, September 15, 2011

Suck it In

Ari had a game tonight.
I arrived early and hungry. I'm always hungry but tonight I was especially starving. Just as the girls were warming up, the coach flagged me off from the top of the bleachers and asked me to be a line judge. Now if you don't know anything about volleyball, I'll explain. Aline judge must stand on the outer corner of the court and be able to call the ball either "IN" or "OUT" when it hits the ground. You are essentially "ON DISPLAY".
You will not find a single parent anywhere who likes to call lines because we are all afraid of making a bad call and...


 I'll speak for the ones that won't say it out loud...


wait for it...

We don't want have to suck our stomachs in the whole night.

There, I said it. I know we were all thinking it but I'll be the one to put it out there.

I don't want to have to suck my stomach in while on display for everyone to look at.
I told the head ref that I was gonna have to hold my gut in while I did this job so if she saw me look like I was about to faint then blow the whistle so I could take a moment to breathe.
Every time I walked past her for the rest of the night she whispered " suck it in!"

So I spent the entire game with my stomach growling and my stomach sucked in. On display.
.
Thank GAWD I changed from my sundress to jeans and a loose fitting top before I went to the game.

I'm just sayin.

No comments: