Monday, December 5, 2011

My Girl

My girl finished her volleyball season a month ago. We just had their end of season banquet. The banquet is a nice way to finish off the season and give out some accolades and awards to some of the players.
We had a nice "Southern style" dinner followed by an awesome slide show put together by tours truly, another VB mom and one of our videographer dads.

After the show the coaches got up and said a little something about each girl and then gave her a certificate and her Varsity letter and gold bar. I wish my girl wanted a Letterman's jacket. When I was in high school all the athletes wore their Letterman's jackets adorned with all of their accomplishments.

The coaches said a little something nice and sweet about each Varsity player and then gave out several awards for stats. Ari didn't top the list of highest stats but she had a great season and played better than she ever has.

The final awards were the "Coaches Awards". The coach started out by saying the the two players who were receiving these awards were the 2 players that have a stellar work ethic, always show up with a "can do" attitude and have the MOST positive attitude. They have leadership skills that motivate the team and have NEVER EVER complained. She went on to say that these awards were the most important awards in her mind because they were given out to a person of good character and work ethic. The whole time the coach was talking about these two girls I was thinking... " God I wish she was talking about Ari." I just wanted someone to speak about my child the way she went on to talk about the recipients of this award.

It turns out she was...

My beautiful baby girl was one of the recipients of this award. I burst into tears. I was so proud. I only wished I had video taped the coaches speech about these two girls because you would cry too.

I don't want to make it about me or Ted but It's so gratifying for someone to acknowledge that the way you parent your kids is actually WORKING!!

I have never been so proud of my girl.




Little miss thing can't get close enough to her big sis.

Couldn't keep her away for the awards table either.

Ari's broken thumb is healing up nicely.

Ashlyn was the other recipient of the Coaches award.

Yep... that's my girl.

the two bronze plates on the table are the coach's awards. They are very cool.

Congrats Arianna on your "Coaches Award" !!

We love you and are so incredibly proud!

1 comment:

Kieran Meaney said...

AMAZING JOB ARI!!!!! I love thinking about how far you have come on PURE will and attitude. Yeah you won the coaches award! You are THAT kind of person. Honorable, strong, kind, tolerant and an incredible athlete to boot! You are gorgeous and I cant wait to spend some time with you and all the cousins in just two weeks!! Yea for me!!

~Aunt Shell