Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Need a Facelift???

Not you... your bookshelves!!

We have officially lived in this house for one year. I have spent that entire year wishing these shelves were painted white with that coffee glaze... Yummy!!

Since changing the color of the wood would make me look like a ungrateful spoiled rotten brat   fool, not to mention way too pricey, I spent the better part of the year trying to come up with a more affordable, more creative change.

One day as I was staring blankly at the shelves it dawned on me. Why not try some sort of wallpaper one the back panels to lighten them up. This room doesn't get any direct sunlight due to the screened in porch that is off this room even though it has three sets of french doors.

Grass cloth is back!! I love the organic look of it and the way you can make it look casual or put it in a formal room. The color options are endless.

This project was so easy I'm almost embarrassed! just measure the back panel of the shelf after you remove everything .
I cut a piece of grass cloth and used a staple gun to secure the paper to the wood. I could have used wallpaper paste but that would have been way too permanent for me. Plus way too messy!!


What do you think? Not bad huh?

I love the texture of the cloth and the extra dimension that it ads to the shelves.


Total cost of the entire project???

$36

Yea that's right... $36  for one full roll of real grass cloth that is 8yards.

Now go take on a project that makes you happy!!

No comments: