Thursday, December 31, 2009

California-Arizona-New Mexico-Texas


Began our journey at 5:00 am on Weds and traveled through Ca and Arizona. We went all the way to Scottsdale. The car ride was great except that the dogs were in dire need of a bath so they stunk up the car a bit.
The kids traveled really well. Since we didn't have Ari with us, the little ones each had their own row of seats. The dogs did great too except when we stopped for a potty break and ted had to pull some foreign object out of Henry's butt.




When we rolled into beautiful Scottsdale, I was surprised at how gorgeous it was. Great restaurants, great shopping, perfectly clean streets and old town charm.
We looked for a place to get dinner and Alex suggested that we go to the "happy hour" at the restaurant at our hotel.
If you ever get a chance to go to Scottsdale, Az take it...it was beautiful!!!


Today we rolled through Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. The odometer on my beloved Suburban crossed over to 100,000 miles. It was a bitter sweet moment, I love my truck and get a thrill every time I see it. Yea I know I'm wacked but I can't help it... I love my car.
Had the need several times to look at the road atlas but couldn't because ted left it in Ca at my parents house. If you know me you'd know how much I love to look at maps and see where we are and where we are going. I did do a bit of complaining about NOT having my atlas so in order to shut me up Ted was sweet enough to buy me a new 2010 road atlas, and while we were at the roadside gift shop he bought me a cow girl hat too.


And of course the kids got one too.


Good hair day huh? That's my wash and wear look, get used to it because that's how it's gonna look in humid Alabama.



That's our U-Haul in the back ground with a some kid ( Alex) trying to hitch a ride...little punk.

Crossed over into Texas and was immediately struck by how close Mexico was. Just across the river is the run down city of Juarez. It was shocking at how broken everything looked, broken out windows, etc.




And of course the huge beautiful flag of Mexico was several stories higher than the highest building.


Good night, will write more tomorrow when we get to our hotel and have wifi service.

Life is good.