Monday, February 22, 2010

Sunday Volleyball Tournament


Ari and I spent the entire day in Pensacola, Fla. yesterday for her first club volleyball tournament. The day started out fine, I brought my ugly camping chair and my PEOPLE magazine and a cooler full of our lunch and settled in for the day. As it turns out I sat in enemy territory but since the parents are not competitive and I'm not much of a talker, It was fine. I read my magazine and texted my family while Ari was reffing and watched the games when she was "on". There were three courts in the one gym so there were three games going on at all times.

After lunch a couple of moms "found" me and brought their chairs over next to mine... now normally this would be fine but for some reason I was having a hard time focusing on any ONE thing yesterday so It sort of went like this...

Southern Belle - "OH you go baby girl! get it! get it! get it!"

me-- nothing

SB- "Oh tough luck! tough luck!" (grabbing my arm, not cool.)

me- nothing

SB- " did you see that play? what did the ref say?"

me- "no sorry I missed that call"

Basically I spent the whole day floating in and out of being able to focus on the game. Every time a whistle blew my mind looked around to see what it was. NOT good.

after a twelve hour day and a "losers bracket" win. we headed home. got home plunked my junk from the day on the kitchen counter and fell onto the sofa and fell asleep for two hours. Thank GOD, Ted put the kids to bed and woke me up at 9:30 to move into the bedroom where I brushed my teeth, washed my face and fell into bed again and slept till 6:20 this morning.

Today I will make some pasta salad from a salad that I saw someone eating yesterday that looked good to me. I will go to Target to buy socks for Indy since all her socks seam to have evaporated into thin air and I will clean up the house from the weekend.

What are you doing today?