Tuesday, September 15, 2009

what would you do???

My Mom's very dumb dog ate 3 sweat socks. Yes I mean three!!! We didn't know it but when he stopped eating and started acting weird, my mom knew something was up so she took him to the vet and after an x-ray, ultra sound, blood work and a bunch more tests they could see that there was something in his gut that wasn't going anywhere.

After a major surgery and an incision from stem to stern they were able to remove three whole non-shredded sweat socks. I won't tell you what the final bill was because...A. My mother will kill me and B. I don't think my step Dad REALLY knows what the total amount was, even though he pays all the bills I don't think he wants to re-live the dollar amount.

Here is the question of the day...

The dumb dog started to feel better after a week and then had his stitches out the other day. He was feeling so much better that he ate 2 more socks. Luckily for him, he barfed one up and pooped out the other one. My step Dad says that this dumb dog has used up his allotted $$$ amount for a foreign body extraction in his life time. One per dog.

What do you think?? If he eats another sock what would you do??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huum!! Maybe you should read my blog! I actually think yours is better! Love it!! xoxo Mom

Unknown said...

My dog ate 47 cents last year (a quarter, two dimes and two pennies), had surgery to remove the coins and had to have a blood transfusion - all of this three days before we left for Italy. The vet said since she did it once, she'll probably do it again. I found a penny in her mouth the other day. Wonder how many other coins she ate.

FYI: Quarters don't poop out so well.

Anonymous said...

I think a muzzle is in order. Especially considering the aggressive behavior towards another dog this morning and the small sweatsock pooped out on to the beach.

Anonymous said...

Please tell that other anonymous to provide the link to her blog.

Shelley said...

Ahem. We are due for a fresh blog. Maybe a little something about Erik, our trainer and your endorsement contract with ACE?

Loopy for the Loupee's said...

Hi, I ran into the same problem with a cat of ours. He didn't eat socks but... We found him in the road, I jumped out of the car to save him from getting run over.We took him to the vet and that was the beginning of my free kitty that wasn't so free.$200 later...and that was the beginning. Over the course of the years and all the moves our free kitty ended up costing a lot of money for a stray. After he poisoned himself that was the last straw and Chase put his foot down and said no more for the money pit kitty. Thankfully after that he didn't get into anything else to test Chase. So maybe things will work out. In the end I was the one who put the kitty to sleep for something totally not related to money. Hence Chase giving me the name chb(cold heartless bitch)