Friday, January 22, 2010

What's Your Passion?



I was listening to talk radio the other day and they were talking about finding your passion and not getting lost in the "stay at home Mom" mode of your life. I think I never really thought about what my real passion was.
I used to volunteer at a hospital when I was a teenager. It was one of the best things I ever did. I loved it. I would go in on any day that I was available. I signed up to volunteer right before we left New Hampshire but didn't get approval until the week before I left the State. This time I shall start immediately so I can actually get in and do something meaningful for somebody. I will start there. Next I will think about what else I love to do. I love to decorate. It's the creative process of makng a room look inviting and special. Jewelry? I make jewelry, but it's been a solid year since I've opened up my bead cabinet and sat down to create something. I will blow the dust off of the swarovsky crytals and see if there's anything in me to make something special and beautiful.
What else?? who knows, but I'm gonna keep looking for things that define me other than my family. It's good for me, and it's good for you too. Whats your passion?

Welllllll.......My passion is taking over your blog (Shelley Here!). We now have it in writing that you are going to go out there and make something of yourself. No more napping the days away waiting for the next episode of Dirty Jobs to come on just to see what Mike Rowe is doing with his passion. No sir eee. You will be VOLUNTEERING, decorating, making beautifully sparkled, perfectly wired jewelry, and WRITING YOUR BLOG! I suspect you will hone a slower way of speaking that emphasizes long vowels and you will spend a teensy bit more time on your hair in the morning. You will also be there for your kids, making the home that they are drawn to every day. The home that will draw their friends too, so you can be Mrs. Kaminski once again. I know one of your passions is to hear the words, "Mrs. Kaminski, I LOVE you!" It's coming. I can feel it!
P.S. I know you are going to kill me for putting up that picture, but one of my passions is expression with humility. I'll put one of me up too. (that's me in the white fuzzy robe- illustrating a "what not to do with your passion" pose.)