Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Breakfast For Dinner...or lunch, or breakfast.



Last night I made breakfast for dinner. I was craving mega veggies since I allowed myself to pretend that corn was a veggie the night before. I was feeling a bit guilty about the corn as a veggie thing so I decided to be super Mom and make it up to my kids. I made a veggie fritata. My Mom makes them all the time and since my hunky husband is in SB enjoying the many wonderful meals my Mom makes I decided to make a good one too! It was so easy, 
Just take any veggies you have  
plus onion, garlic
fresh spinach-rough chopped and saute in Olive oil set aside.
then Slice a red potato paper thin and layer it in the bottom of the same pan drizzled with olive oil.
then add back in the veggies and a handful of cheddar cheese.
beat a bunch of eggs( I used 10 because I was using a huge fry pan)
put the whole pan into the oven at 350 and bake for about 30 minutes.
Everything caramelizes and it delish. Indy LOVED it and so did I.
As for the other two. They weren't so excited about me trying to make a healthy meal for them but I will try to force the leftovers on them tonight!
I ate some for breakfast this morning and it heats up so well!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Ted. I have just begun to cook. So far there have been only two home-cooked meals, but I'm warming up. Your fritata looks yummy! I needed some inspiration. tonight we had tacos made with sliced, marinated top sirloin and summer squash. We garnished with cheese, broccoli slaw and sweet maui onions. See, you insipried me! xox Mom

Unknown said...

I love breakfast for dinner. My favorite is when my mom made us pancakes for dinner. We felt so 'naughty' and it was so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I remember having this at your Mom's house at your going away party. I thought it was fabulous and I have never been able to recreate it. I will try again with your directions.
Thanks for sharing.
DeAnna